"Understanding the diversity behind unspoken words - UNSPOKEN" is an Erasmus+ KA-1 project, financed by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union and developed by Direcția de Asistență Socială și Medicală, public service subordinated to the Municipality of Cluj-Napoca (Romania) in partnership with:
- Asociatia Babilon Travel (Romania)
- Liceul Tehnologic Special pentru Deficienți de Auz Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- The Association of Parents of Hearing Impaired Children (Bulgaria)
- Culture Without Barriers Foundation (Poland)
- Projekte Vullnetare Nderkombetare (Albania)
- Autonomia E Descoberta CRL (Portugal).
The aim of the project is transcending barriers of intercultural communication that young people with/without hearing impairment face and that exist in different partner countries and cultures.
The project had two main activities: an Advanced Planning Visit in January 2019 and a Youth Exchange in Cluj-Napoca (1-7 April 2019).
The Youth exchange had 30 young participants (with/without hearing impairment), group leaders and interpreters from 5 different countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Portugal, Albania).
UNSPOKEN final intercultural brochure will include parts of their experiences during the Youth Exchange.